Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Ups and downs.

Today I found the B-12 tablets that melt in your mouth and the chewable ADULT vitamins.  After the surgery large tablets are not permitted and I did not want to be taking Flintstones chewable vitamins.  Still counting off the days.  Only 23 days to go. 

Strange things have been happening though.  On Memorial Day we had a small cookout in the back yard.  I put on some capri pants that I had worn the previous week and were laundered once since then.  They seemed way too small.  I couldn't understand it.  Had I gained 25 pounds since last week?  Did someone put the clothes dryer on the nuclear setting?  As I was getting undressed that night I happened to check the tags and found that I was wearing my daughter's pants that were three sizes smaller than mine.

Three days later I was at the grocery store.  I was wearing my own capri pants (I checked the label BEFORE I put them on.)  They kept sliding down.  OK I guess I had some slippery underwear on but this never happened before.  As I was pushing the cart out the exit door the pants suddenly slipped down so far the waistband was by my knees.  Fortunately nobody seemed to notice before I yanked them back up.  Now did I suddenly lose 20 lbs?  The elastic in the waistband was still stretchy so they hadn't been cremated in the dryer.  

That same day I went to 7-11 and bought a Crystal Lite Slurpee.  I filled up the cup as usual then all of a sudden the thing started erupting like Mt. St. Helens.  I couldn't stop it before it ran all over the counter, the floor and my shirt (fortunately my tie dye shirt and the color of the Slurpee blended very nicely).  

I did everything very cautiously for the rest of that day.

Best wishes,
Marlena of Mohegan.

2 comments: