Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

tick, tick, tick.....

Yes the clock is ticking.  Less than two weeks to go.  I got my letter of medical necessity from Aetna.  On Thursday I go to Dr. Jarrett for my final medical clearance and my pre op instruction visit at the surgeon's office.

I'm not the nervous type but I feel I have prepared myself mentally for whatever outcome there is.  I usually prefer the glass half-full outlook rather than the glass half-empty but having been a nurse for 32 years has shown me that things don't always end up rosy.  I've got struggles ahead but I'm ready to get started.

Last year I had a patient who had had his bypass in July and had lost 100 lbs. by October.  Now that's quick.  I won't necessarily lose that fast since men usually drop weight quicker due to their higher muscle mass and faster metabolism.  Dr. Choi wants me to shoot for losing 225 lbs.  That sounds like there won't be much left of me after that but there will be enough. 

So stay tuned for the next update as we get closer to the big day. 

Peace be with you,
Marlena of Mohegan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment