Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Just when I thought I was through with hoops....

Today, well yesterday actually, I spoke to Donna in the business office for the hospital.  She says that I need my doctor's documentation of my weight from the past two years faxed to her before the insurance company will approve the surgery.  She said that she knew of one person who did NOT get approved because she was not able to provide this.  Now I don't know about other people but I did not suddenly explode to attain my current weight (which I'm not ready to divulge publicly yet).  Do they think I gained extra weight on purpose just to have my stomach cut open and have my guts rearranged?  My weight has been an up and down situation over my entire life.  I lose some and then I gain it back plus more.  What possible relevance could my weight two years ago have  upon whether or not I need this surgery now?  I honestly cannot understand these insurance people. 

What next?

Marlena of Mohegan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment