Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, May 30, 2010

The countdown

The ticker says 29 more days till the surgery.  My family is very supportive and will be there with me when I need them. 

My daughter was worried that I wouldn't get to have any blueberries before my surgery because I look forward to blueberry season every year.  I love them with evaporated milk and a little Splenda.  She found some on sale yesterday and bought them for me.  I know I will not be able to have fruit until I get to the puree stage of the post-op diet. 

We've had a few hot, humid days this spring.  When it is really sticky it is hard not to guzzle the fluids.  I will really miss Diet Coke.  I've got a lot of adjustments to make. 

I went to Manhattan the other day and I was delivered to the door of my destination.  At lunch, I went outside and walked a mere two blocks and was short of breath and exhausted.  Walking in Manhattan is one of my favorite things to do.  I look forward to when I will be able to walk like I used to.  The sacrifices will be worth the rewards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment