Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Return to Earth

My week-long "Operacation"  has come to a close.  Tomorrow it's back to work and my routine.  Nabucco has been the most successful production the Taconic Opera has had so far.  We had a sellout crowd at the matinee today and have sold out next Saturday's performance at SUNY Purchase Pepsico Theatre.  I truly love doing opera.  Like my real job, we have a limited budget with which to work, but we manage to pull off something beautiful on stage.  (I'm only quoting others here).

It's incredibly cathartic to sing at the top of my lungs and filled with emotion.  On stage I'm surrounded by friends (truly) and we feel the love.  Afterwards it's a bit of a letdown to just walk around like a normal person again.

This week I did get to the gym as per my usual routine.  I strayed off the beaten path a bit with my eating though.  I neglected my food diary and actually ate a few (gasp) cookies today.  This digression however, is not a signal to just "throw in the towel".  Tomorrow I'll be back on track with my food diary and healthy eating.  That is, of course, the real requirement for success.  Formerly I might have been set off on a tangent of days or weeks of self loathing because I lapsed and soothing myself with comfort foods.  Breaking that chain quickly is the key.

It is not so bad to admit to human weaknesses.  After coming clean the important next step is to get up, shake off the guilt and continue the journey.  Healthy choices are rewards not punishments.

Love to all,
Marlena of Mohegan

1 comment:

  1. "...shake off the guilt and continue the journey. Healthy choices are rewards not punishments." Very well said. I love that.

    I thought the opera looked and sounded beautiful. I really enjoyed the colors of the costumes. As I sit and watch the operas, I always look for all of the people I know. This year, I had a hard time picking you out of the crowd. (Please don't take this the wrong way, but in the past you have been pretty easy to spot.) It is partly because the women had their heads covered, but it took me much longer to find you in this production.

    ReplyDelete