Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Where I am in the process.

I am currently jumping through the various hoops that the insurance company requires before approving the surgery. I have completed my four months of dietitian consults. I have had a stress echocardiagram. I have met with a psychiatrist, gastroenterologist and a pulmonologist. I have a upper endoscopy scheduled for next week, I have some blood tests that need to be drawn and then I meet with Dr. Choi, my surgeon. At the surgeon visit if all the hurdles are cleared then we will set the surgery date.

In the meantime, I need to stockpile the various vitamins and protein supplements which will be required after surgery. I will not be able to have any large pills so supplements must be liquid or chewable. I will be on pureed food for some of the time. I plan to get a new blender because the one I have takes a while to get things pureed. I am taking extra calcium and protein supplements prior to the surgery to help build me up.

So that's where I am. For my next post I will include a description of the surgery I have chosen.

No comments:

Post a Comment