Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Getting there

Today I saw the psychiatrist and the endocrinologist.  My A1C is 7.2 which is better than last time.  Dr. Landman has already written and sent her recommendation letter for the surgery.  Dr. Herrick has also approved.  Tomorrow I see the pulmonologist.  I don't anticipate any problems in that area.


So far most of the responses I have gotten from friends and family have been in personal emails.  I appreciate the concern for my privacy and even more important I am really grateful for the words of encouragement. 

Today while waiting for the pharmacy to fill my prescriptions I ran into a friend and coworker who is having health struggles of her own.  I admire M's courage in facing the many setbacks she has had during the course of her illness.  I realize that we all have different struggles.  I don't know anyone with a perfect life.  I've known people who on the surface seem to have it all.  When you peel back the layers of their onion sooner or later you find that they had challenges of their own.  I have been shocked to find that some people I'd always envied had, in fact, wished they could be like me. 

I am lucky enough to be able to use my free agency to choose the path I want to follow to improve my health and well being.

To close this post I will quote from a fortune cookie I opened today.  "Feeding a cow with roses does not get extra appreciation".  I have absolutely no idea what that is supposed to mean.

Marlena of Mohegan

1 comment:

  1. Marlena, I read the beginning of your blog yesterday and I woke up this morning thinking about you. I am, obviously, still catching up.

    It is so true that we all have our own struggles. Some are more visible to outsiders than others. Thank you for sharing your journey with me.

    - Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete