Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, July 2, 2010

Disclaimer: This is not a subject for polite company. You have been warned.

Gas is not my friend.  As I mentioned in my previous blog the surgeon inflates the abdomen with air in order to have room to work.  I've been working on getting rid of this air for the last five days.  It has not been pretty. 

I felt so huge after the surgery.  On Wednesday evening after I had been home a while I went to sit in my car to check out the fantastic detailing job my kids arranged while I was in the hospital.  I could not fit behind the wheel of the car.  Now this was two days after surgery and I had been struggling to expel the excess. 

My family has been impressed with the deep sonorous sounds of my flatulence.  Imagine the trumpeting of a mastodon looking for a mate.  You get the idea. 

The belching has not been nearly so entertaining.  That has been rather more uncomfortable.  I seem to be able to get rid of it better when I go for a walk.  I have been taking Gas-X which gives some relief. 

Today I feel a lot better.  I'm about to go for a walk and I think I'll check to see if I can fit into my car yet. 

Best wishes,
Marlena of Mohegan

No comments:

Post a Comment