Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

There seems to be a pattern here.

Last Monday I was in the ER.  I did ok for the next three days and then on Friday I was at the ER again.  The weekend and yesterday were fine.  Today I was in a hurry to get out of the house and rushed my pills.  I threw up all day and finally drove myself to the ER and got another IV.  I did not, however, get another CT scan.  Two in a weeks time was enough. 

Eventually I felt better, after some Reglan in my IV, and I went home.  Tomorrow though, I will be making an appointment for an upper endoscopy to see if there is something amiss down there that doesn't show up on CT.  I definitely had some pill fragments today.  I think I will be crushing all my pills from now on.  I plan to soak them a little before I take them.  Maybe a little milk or applesauce will soften them up if I let it sit for a while.  Its hard enough to get all my protein and fluids ingested without these setbacks. 

 My left knee has been a little sore so I saw my orthopedist today and got an injection of Supartz (synthetic joint fluid).  I've used similar products before with great success.  I get a second injection in a week and another the week after that.  Usually the knee feels great for six months to a year afterward.  I know my increased walking aggravated the knee but I want to keep up with my exercise. 

I plan to go to the gym tomorrow.  Dr. Choi said I could do weight training after four weeks.  In spite of the setbacks with the vomiting and the knee I still feel pretty good.  I am trying to be proactive with any problems that arise rather than let myself get debilitated.  I'm still happy I had the surgery and grateful for all the encouragement I've gotten from my doctors, family and friends. 

Best wishes,
Marlena of Mohegan

No comments:

Post a Comment