Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, July 8, 2010

and so it goes...

Here I am 10 days after surgery and 16 pounds lighter.  Not bad.  It has been extremely warm for the past few days 100+.  We have no AC so the temperature inside the house was not too great either.  I've been drinking lots of extra water.  My blood glucose has been steady.  127 yesterday, 132 today.  Still no insulin.  Dr. Landman does not want to give me any insulin because if the glucose level bottoms out then bringing it back up will be difficult since I'm not able to take in any sugar.

My family has been great.  My daughter has been doing the cooking for the family which has been a big help.  They all feel a bit guilty when they eat and I don't but I think guilt is a good thing once in a while don't you?

I have a couple of questions.

1.  Why do all the TV ads with food look extremely delicious?  Is there a plot?
2.  Will the staples in my stomach set off airport scanners?
3.  Why doesn't the abandoned part of my stomach growl? 

Good news, UPS just delivered my package of protein supplements I ordered.  The drinks I have been buying are getting boring.  Thank heavens I can have V8 juice because that's the only thing I've been getting that has actual flavor.  I'll let you know how the new stuff is. 

Best wishes,
Marlena of Mohegan

1 comment:

  1. I only know the answer to one of your questions.
    #1 yes, it is a plot. It is all about getting your money without any regard to your health. When I say "your," I mean "our."
    Stay strong.
    Love,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete