Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Split Pea Soup


Yummy!  What a nice dinner on a cold day.  I made homemade split pea soup.  I used an old ham bone I had kept in the freezer.  The only ingredients were split peas, bits of ham that were still clinging to the bones, carrots, potatoes, onions, freshly ground pepper, cilantro and celery seed.  Mmm.

 Since we're having another snowstorm on Tuesday I know I'll be in the mood for more soup.  I intend to make broccoli barley cheese soup and also white bean and tomato with kielbasi and baby spinach.  Even when eating tiny meals soup is warm and comforting.

I have posted pictures of some icicles on our church building.  I think they look cool but would be lethal if they hit you on the head.  I especially like the one that reaches all the way to the ground..

No comments:

Post a Comment