Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Full Disclosure

Yesterday I had some rare moments when my family was either out of the house or intensely occupied.  I used the alone time for some introspection and decided to look at myself in a full-length mirror without ANY clothing.  Usually when I pass the mirror on the way to the shower I am wearing a big towel.  Its not all that hard to ignore myself in the mirror.  I've been doing that for years.  Well I actually looked at myself.  I really do look a lot smaller.  There is a lot of very loose skin and, gulp, wrinkles.  I'm not planning to wear a swimsuit anytime soon but when I do I'm gonna look for one of those racing suits with the long legs.  I'm a work in progress and I'm certainly better off than I was before my surgery.

I decided to do a random blood glucose today.  I'm supposed to be doing it on a fairly regular basis but I don't.  Anyway, it was 89.  This was not a fasting level.  Pretty good.

I'm still getting lots of great feedback and encouragement from family, friends and coworkers.  Thanks for the support everyone.

Love,
Marlena of Mohegan

No comments:

Post a Comment