Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Changing old habits

I seem to have gotten past the latest plateau. and have now lost nearly 115 pounds.  The weight seems to come off in little spurts instead of gradually every day.  As long as it goes I'm fine with that.  I find that I still have bad habits that persist.  In the evenings while I'm at the computer I still tend to snack compulsively.  True, I do snack on healthier food but I can still get mindless when it comes to eating.  I posted a photo of the soy crisps I like.  I can eat the whole bag before I know it.  The other day I found Paul Newman's brand of soy crisps which are just as healthy as the Glenny's but come in a bigger bag.  The label indicates that there are 3.5 servings per bag.  I initially thought I'd divide the bag in to separate servings when I opened it.  Well, tonight I just ate the whole thing.  I kept telling my self to stop but I didn't.  I didn't eat it quickly and I never felt over full.  I just won't buy that big bag anymore because I can't be trusted.

Speaking of servings per bag, why would they put 3.5 servings in there?  Why not either 3 or 4?  It doesn't make any sense to me.  At least the labels have improved since I first dieted many years ago.  Back then it was rare that foods listed calorie counts or nutritional information.

I've been craving soup. Good, homemade soup.  I should do that this weekend.

Love to all,
Marlena of Mohegan

No comments:

Post a Comment