Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Needs tweaking

I had an idea for a high protein alternative for breakfast.  Instead of making French toast with bread, why not slices of tofu?  Well I tried it the other day.  It tasted a little bland.  The outside was nicely browned and tasty with some sugar-free maple syrup on top.  I used extra-firm tofu and drained it well.  Next time I try this I will poke holes in the tofu with a fork and let it soak for a longer period of time than one would use for bread.  I also needed to add some salt to the egg mixture.  I'll try this again and publish the recipe when I get it right.

I am in the midst of a plateau.  I need to get my butt to the gym.  Work has been overwhelming and when I get home I don't want to do anything.  I have tried to take Dr. Jarrett's advice about parking farther away from stores and other ways to add more walking to my day.  We're supposed to have very cold weather for the next few days.  That burns more calories, right?  You have to burn fuel to make heat.  At least that's my theory.

Love to all,
Marlena of Mohegan

1 comment:

  1. Did you try adding some potent cinnamon and fresh nugmet to the egg mixture? Tofu is pretty bland, so if there isn't something in the mix to liven it up, it'll taste blah.

    ReplyDelete