Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Your Fat. A Treasure Trove?

I heard on the news today that Bartolo Colon, a pitcher for the NY Yankees, had his shoulder injury treated with stem cells harvested from his fat?  This sounds way too good to be true.  After an internet news search I found that this little-known procedure was done in The Dominican Republic.  Colon is 38 years old and throwing heat like he's in his 20's.

I also saw other articles suggesting stem cell treatments for face lifts and breast augmentation.  Stem cell research was such a polarizing issue when scientists used fetal stem cells from aborted babies.  Anti-abortion activists  held back the progress in this field for decades.  Federal funding was withheld.

 Now, after all this time, we chunky types were chock full of stem cells all along?  This is a veritable bonanza!  With the soaring rate of obesity in this country we have an incalculable supply of this resource!  I am certainly happy and willing to donate as many of my fat cells as science can use.  Of course if they'd like to pay me that would be fine.  I'm ready.

Love to all,
Marlena of Mohegan.

No comments:

Post a Comment