Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Happy 100th Birthday Lucy! My Hero.



I grew up watching I Love Lucy.  I never get tired of seeing her creative solutions to her problems.  As you can see she was inspiration for one of my favorite opera costumes.  I wore this for the Mardi Gras scene in Mefistofele.  Always the drama queen, I did not mind calling attention to myself on stage in spite of my size.  
I even was featured in a book of opera poses with another cast member from The Taconic Opera Chorus.   Previously I had to make most of my costumes myself because professional costumes did not come in sizes to fit me.  In the future I may be able to use rentals but I still like the creative challenge in doing my own.  

Love to all, 
Marlena of Mohegan

No comments:

Post a Comment