Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Humility is Always Around the Corner

Just when I'm poised on the boundaries of overconfidence I will be jolted back to reality.  Naturally after losing 163 pounds I hear plenty of positive feedback from my acquaintances.  My clothing is roomier and activity is easier.  It isn't hard to get carried away with myself.

I can always count on my mother to burst my bubble.  She loves me but she has a way of deflating my ego without meaning to.  Today she asked me if I was still losing weight.  I told her yes and gave her the total.  She said that she wondered because I looked bigger around the middle lately.  Thanks Mom.  (Maybe I need to stand up straight and keep my shoulders back).

Yesterday I was in the supermarket in the self-checkout aisle.  As I was finishing up the computer said "Please remove all items from the scanning scale".  I had no items on the scale.  It was my abdomen leaning on it.

Friday at work I was having trouble using the HMED computer program.  For some reason I could not type in commands.  I called ITG for help and they didn't know what was wrong and gave me the usual advice to reboot the computer.  I was about to do that and bent over to get at the power button because typing wasn't working.  I discovered that the keyboard now worked because my breasts were no longer leaning on the keys.

This Monday I walked into the locker room at work to find my locker and several others wide open and empty.  I asked aloud "am I fired?".  I was not fired but my locker was the victim of a water cooler flood from upstairs.  All my belongings were in bags in my supervisor's office.  Some things were soggy and had to be thrown out.  I had some spare clothing that needed to be laundered.  I took a picture of the lockers with my cell phone and posted it on Facebook..  My daughter informed me that that was the cleanest my locker had been in years.  I have to admit that she was right about that.  That doesn't meant it was easy to hear.

So thanks to my loved ones and to the computerized world in which we live I am well grounded in reality.  Just in case you were all worried.

Love to all,
Marlena of Mohegan

No comments:

Post a Comment