Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Get PAID to Exercise? What a Concept!

My employer has just started using a new program to encourage the staff to be more healthy.  I signed up about three weeks ago and I love it.  Virgin Healthmiles helps us keep track of our exercising and make other healthy choices.  After one year we can earn $500.00!  When you sign up you receive a free pedometer.  You log in and download your steps.  Virgin keeps track of our progress.

My Planet Fitness routine works nicely with Virgin.  We are encouraged to get in at least 7000 steps per day.  Between my workday routine and my stationary bike I am doing that with extra!  I'm even doing extra walking on my off-gym days.  I like seeing all those steps add up.  One of my co-workers has worn her pedometer during some horizontal workouts at home (well, actually she didn't specify horizontal but I didn't ask) Exercise IS exercise.

What's in this for the employer?  Healthier, more productive workers. Check out the link and encourage your boss to sign up.

 http://virginhealthmiles.com

Love to all,
Marlena of Mohegan

No comments:

Post a Comment