Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Planet Fitness I'm Back!

I finally got myself to the gym.  It's about time.  Yesterday I found an old People Magazine stuck behind my bed.  On the cover was Kirsti Allie.  After losing 75 lbs for Jenny Craig and being the spokesperson she gained back more than what she lost.  The story of my life (ok without the fame and the financial support).  She had just brought her exercise equipment back from the garage to her living room where it is more likely to be used.  Reading this article got me thinking.  So this morning after I woke up I lay there thinking how it was time for me to get my sorry ass back to the gym.  

Previously I had done only weight training at Planet Fitness.  I had tried to work on the elliptical or an exercise bike but I couldn't do it then.  Before my surgery I couldn't tolerate the stress on my heart.  My heart rate shot up very quickly to 150.  I'd be gasping for breath after only a few minutes.  On the bike my knee hurt too much.  
Today I tried the elliptical again.  I don't know if the thing wasn't working right but I couldn't get the program to work.  I tried it for a few minutes but I decided to try a Life Fitness Bike instead.  I was able to get the computer to work on that and found that my knee tolerated this well.  My heart rate stayed under 100 and I wasn't short of breath at all.  I ended up doing 5.5 miles.  The readout said I'd burned 165 calories.  If only my car was that efficient at fuel economy.  Ah well, it was a start.  

When I got off the bike I was a little wobbly and  felt for a second that my legs might give out.  Fortunately I didn't embarrass myself.  I went to a table to write down the details my workout and was happy to find that I fit in the chair much better than before.  (Most chairs with arms used to be quite snug.) 

Its good to be working out again.  I'm gonna do the weight training too but I'm happy to be able to work on the cardio too.  

Love to all, 
Marlena of Mohegan

No comments:

Post a Comment