Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Measuring up, or rather, down.

Last night at our opera rehearsal we were getting measured for costumes for the upcoming production of The Pearl Fishers.  Like hitting the scale, getting measurements is not one of my favorite pastimes.  Before my surgery  the trauma of the tape measure was quite the reality slap in the face.  The standard size tape measure did not fit around me and extra inches had to be added.  Talk about humiliation.

 I was delighted to find that the tape went around with room to spare!  I'm at least 12" smaller around my bust, waist and hip measurements.  I don't really know what the numbers were before because I block out those type of memories.

One of my friends has started to call me SB which is an abbreviation for SKINNY BITCH!  I'm a long way from skinny but it feels good.

I'm still hitting the gym.  I love using the massage chair after my workout.  Planet Fitness really is a wonderful place.  I see people of all ages and physical conditions.  I never feel like I don't belong there.  I wish they'd open a franchise closer to my job though.  It would be nice to drop in on the way home.

Love to all,
Marlena of Mohegan

No comments:

Post a Comment