Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Back on Track

First let me say that those four pounds I worried about last week are HISTORY!  Getting serious with my food diary made the difference.  I've been trying to increase my vegetable and salad intake and reduced the non-complex carbohydrates.  One of my friends suggested roasted beets.  I've never had them any way but canned or boiled but roasting is supposed to make them more flavorful.

My daughter made me some high protein caramel apple pancakes.  We got the  recipe from the blog "The World According to Eggface"  I won't plagerize her recipe here but you can go to her blog and get all her yummy recipes.  Her link is in the side bar under MY BLOG LIST.  .

I've succeeded in reaching one of my long-term goals!  I got a pair of jeans.  Actually I didn't even buy them.  We had a clothing exchange at church and I saw these jeans and thought they looked about the right size.  They were!  Of course when I modeled them for my family my daughter, always the ray of reality, asked "can you sit down in them?" Well, I could.  Getting up from the couch was a little tricky but successful!  It feels so good to wear something that isn't stretchy!  I can't remember when I wore jeans last but I'd have to say it's been more than ten years.  I don't mind admitting that my jeans would be considered "Mom Jeans" because they come up to my actual waist.  Nobody wants to see my butt crack anyway.

I am still going to Planet Fitness three days per week but I'm about to try something new.  I bought a book on yoga.  I could just go to a class but I want to try it on my own first.  Besides the book I bought has adaptations for those of us who are a little less flexible.  For one thing, my knees do not enjoy kneeling at all.  I'm hoping that I can work around this limitation.  A friend of mine is a yoga guru (or whatever they like to be called)  She has a special yoga room in her basement just for her own serenity!  I can't imagine where I'll find serenity in my house but I'll figure out something.  Usually the only time I have to myself is if I stay up after everyone else goes to bed.  That would be all right but if I get too relaxed that late at night I'll probably just fall asleep.  We'll see.

Love to all,
Marlena of Mohegan

No comments:

Post a Comment