Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, October 24, 2011

What Turn Signal?

The week after my car reached 100,000 miles (and therefore running out of warranty protection) the directional signals decided they would not turn off by themselves anymore.  This is extremely annoying to me that I am at risk of being one of those old ladies who drive around oblivious to the turn signal blinking endlessly.  When I mention this to anybody who knows anything about fixing cars they have exactly the same responses.  First that it is extremely expensive to fix because of all the labor involved.  Second, nobody has the faintest idea of how to fix the problem.  I'm sure I could find a repair shop that would do it for mega bucks or should I save my money and just remember to turn them off EVERY BLESSED TIME I MAKE A TURN?????!!!!!!  
When I put on my facebook status this morning that I was back to work my daughter, the dear, commented that it is good for old people to have something to keep us busy!   You know that machine at the checkout at the supermarket that spits out coupons that it thinks you'll use?  Tonight it thought I'd like a coupon for DEPENDS adult diapers.  Notice the trend here?  Actually today someone told me I keep looking younger all the time.  Of course the person who said that was a psychiatrist and you never know about them.

Today was back on the healthy choices wagon.  I did pretty well.  I did not eat the pizza brought by the pharmaceutical rep.  I had only the salad and fresh fruit.  I did not snack on any crackers.  I did go over my daily calorie allowance but not too much.

 I don't know why it's so hard to rein myself in after a digression.  I have the same experience after Christmas.  Every year we have a Christmas Club at the Credit Union.  We limit ourselves to that money and do not charge any gifts. (We used to do that but we have reformed)  However I do have rather a spending frenzy before the holiday.  I go to stores that I avoid all year.  I enjoy being able to afford stuff.  Afterwards, when the money is spent, I have a hard time stopping.

  I've known people who were well off that were extremely stingy. I guess their secret to having money is to always live like they don't have any.  Similar are the thin people who always eat like they are dieting.  Then there are the people like this girl I used to work with in an office.  I was doing Weight Watchers.  She was pregnant and every day for lunch she'd have a big Italian sandwich and a huge bag of Cheetos.  She was a tiny thing that never seemed to get any bigger even though she was eating enough Cheetos for six people.  After she had her baby she did look fatter.  By the time she came back to work though, she'd somehow melted away to her former, tiny self.

Why am I rambling on about all this?  I guess to point out that life can drive you crazy if you let it.  There are so many things out of one's control in this world.  Everyone slips up now and then.  Get over it.

Love to all,
Marlena of Mohegan

1 comment: