Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Change of Pace

This week I am taking an "Operacation"!  That's my made up word for taking a week off from my real job for opera "Hell Week".  Yesterday we rehearsed for seven hours running through the show with both casts.  We tried out our costumes to get used to moving about in them.  Nabucco is the story of King Nebuchadnezzar from the Old Testament.  The chorus portrays Hebrew slaves.  I had a wardrobe malfunction with my veil so I have to reconfigure my design.

Today, Sunday, is a welcome day of rest because the next seven days and nights will be very busy.  When we did our previous production I took a week off from the gym.  I'm planning to stick with my gym routine this time because I actually feel more energetic when I exercise.  I also need to plan meals and snacks thus avoiding the temptation of fast food or junk food.  The chorus tends to congregate at a local diner after the evening performances.  Fortunately the menu there does have lots of healthy choices.

Since I am at the age where some physical changes are taking place I find I am having "hot flashes".  I keep telling myself that they are not as bad as menstrual cramps but there is no denying that they are annoying.  A coworker stumbled on a remedy she swears by.  She takes CVS brand  combination of Calcium, Magnesium and Zinc supplements three times a day.  She didn't take them for any reason except for trying to be more healthy but found her  hot flashes went away.  She mentioned this to her pharmacist who said she'd heard from lots of customers that had similar results.  So what have I got to lose?  I'll let you know how it works.  I've been taking them for about five days now but it takes a couple of weeks to work.  If course the tricky part is remembering to take one in the middle of the day.  My morning and evening pills are very organized but mid-day is kind of a craps shoot.  

I'm hoping my local followers will come to see me in the opera. Here is the link for more information, tickets and direstions
Taconicopera.org
 As you may or may not know, I chose the name Marlena because I am a bit of a drama queen at times.  I do enjoy the stage.  I love being a nurse too but it's nice to be someone else for a few weeks a year.

Love to all,
Marlena of Mohegan

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the opera! Wish I could be there...

    Ginger

    P.S. miss you!

    ReplyDelete