Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, March 27, 2011

With and Without

This week a friend of mine, another bariatric surgery alumni passed down some of her clothes she is now too thin to wear.  They are all XL except one pair of pants that are size Large.  I have to say that I'm not there just yet.  I haven't tried anything on yet but I have a fairly short term goal to shoot for.

Gail brought the clothes to work.  Many of the items were freshly dry cleaned and on hangers.  The remainder were in a shopping bag.  For my schlep to the parking garage I was carrying the clothes, my empty lunch box and my purse (which I really should weigh one of these days).  As I lumbered down the hall with my burdens I thought that the combined weight of what I carried surely wasn't more than 25 pounds.  What a difference it made!  To think I was carrying five times that weight around all the time a mere nine months ago.

I decided to list all the things that are easier without the pounds I've shed.  The list got too long and still felt incomplete. Instead I'll list things that haven't changed at all.  Actually I can only thing of one.  For some reason I still don't have any more room in bed.  I'm not sure if my husband is hogging the bed worse than before or else I'm just ceding my territory.

Certainly exercise is getting easier.  At the gym I rode the exercise bicycle eleven and one half miles today!!!!!  One of my doctors advised me that probably I wasn't feeling any endorphin rush while doing cardio type activities was that you must keep up the running, biking or whatever for 30-45 minutes for that to work.  I didn't feel a noticeable rush but I did feel quite accomplished.  It helped to have some good exercise music on my Ipod too.  I want to bring the massage chair home though.

Love to all,
Marlena of Mohegan

No comments:

Post a Comment