Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, March 31, 2011

For April Fool's Day We're Having Snow!

This year is one of those winters that doesn't know when to quit!  Is a White Easter in store for us?  Today is opening day at Yankee Stadium and there have just been flurries so far but more snow is on the way.  Don't you just love being at the baseball stadium on a crisp snowy day?

Coming up in two weeks is our opera.  The Taconic Opera will present Bizet's "The Pearl Fishers".  We rehearsed on Monday night until 11 p.m.  I didn't get to bed till about 1 a.m. by the time I unwound.  I was super tired the next day.  I had a class for two hours after work and I had planned on going to the gym but I couldn't make myself do it.  The rehearsal on Monday involved a lot of walking and standing so it almost was like exercising.  I'm only going to get two gym days in this week since my training advisor prefers I don't exercise the same muscles on consecutive days to so there is recovery time.  Actually I didn't lift weights on Saturday because I did the exercise bike.  I went last night and did the bike again.  I wanted to make sure that the 11 1/2 miles I did on Saturday (after another long rehearsal) was not just a fluke.  The more I thought about going that far I wondered if I'd gotten on the bike and someone else's aborted workout was added up with what I did.  So last night I did twelve miles.  It took me an hour and I think I had the seat adjusted too high because my groin area hurts today.

I made my own playlist of workout music for my IPod.  It helps a lot to have my own tunes.  I can still see all the TV screens above the treadmills and bikes.  I'm surprised at the number of enticing food commercials that still look tempting without the sound.

My grandson Enzo is discovering that everyone has a belly button.  He thinks mine is pretty funny and also likes my jiggly belly.  There isn't much of me that is firm anymore but that's ok.  At least I don't have to worry about telephoto lens shots of my butt showing up on the cover of The National Enquirer.  Sometimes it's good not to be a celebrity.

I found out that the author of "Opera Sutra", my BEFORE book, has taken it off the market.  It did not sell on Amazon.  He's had better luck selling it at classical singer's conferences.  He gave me a whole case of the books for free though.  I guess I can give them as gifts.  So I guess the book won't make me famous.  Ah well.

Love to all,
Marlena of Mohegan

No comments:

Post a Comment