Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Shape ups didn't measure up.

Soon after my surgery I bought a pair of Sketcher's Shape Ups for doing my walking.  They were awkward for the first few steps but then I felt really bouncy in them.  The shoe makes you walk with a rocking motion that is supposed to make your calves and butt look great.  Seems like a great idea.

When I went back to work I wore different shoes.  One day when I was wearing some pants that were a little long I decided to wear the Shape ups because they give me an extra inch of height.  They looked great with the pants and felt pretty good all day so I kept wearing them to work every day for about two weeks.

Gradually I started feeling some heel pain when I got up in the morning.  My feet bothered me whenever I walked barefoot.  These symptoms can occur with a very pesky foot problem called Plantar Fasciitis.  The last straw was when someone at work asked me if my knee was bothering me because I was limping.  That was the wake up call.  The Shape-ups had to go.  I bought a new pair of New Balance walking shoes and I'm glad I did.  My feet are feeling much better.  NB's have good arch support and they come in extra widths.

One other problem with the Shape ups was that if I wore them to the gym my feet didn't fit in the pedals of the exercise bike.  The soles are pretty thick and those pedals are like stirrups.  I'll probably still wear them once in a while.  Because of the thick soles they're great for rainy days.  The height keeps your feet out of puddles.

Another rainy day ahead tomorrow.

Love to all,
Marlena of Mohegan

No comments:

Post a Comment