Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, March 21, 2011

Not a Bad Monday Really...

The weekend was nice and sunny.  It was chilly and windy yesterday but still bright.  Today, the first entire day of spring, it rained and snowed.  Not a lot of snow but then in the northeast the spring comes gradually.  We get a little tease now and then of things to come.  A few bulbs have sprouted and a few crocus have bloomed.  Surprisingly my friend in Palmdale, California also had some snow.  She heard there were five inches of snow in Beverly Hills!!

I'm feeling pretty cheery in spite of the weather.  I get so many compliments during my day from friends and coworkers.  How could I help but feel good?  People who see me from the back sometimes don't recognize me.   Everyday I find moving about at work becomes easier.

One comment today reinforces my theory that some individuals don't really look at the obese as if they are real persons.  Today an EMS person who brought in one of my patients told me I looked different.  She asked "Have you lost weight?".  I said that I had.  Then she asked how much.  I said 130 pounds.  "Since last week?" she said.  I said that no, since June.  She looked shocked then managed to stammer out that I look great.  I couldn't believe this.  REALLY???????  I don't know which planet I might have gone to where you can lose that much weight in a week but somebody needs to tell me how to get there!

Tonight was the start of the new season of Dancing with the Stars.  This is the only reality show that I care about.   Mostly I would rather watch a classic film on TCM than nearly all of current TV.  Tonight the top two dancers were Ralph Macchio (the Karate Kid), and Kirstie Allie.  I loved Kirstie's self-depreciating comment that if someone told her to haul ass she'd have to make two trips.  Nobody should take themselves too seriously.

Love to all,
Marlena of Mohegan.

No comments:

Post a Comment