Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, October 14, 2010

I'm having a busy week

Since this is my second week back at work and also opera "Hell Week", I haven't spent much time blogging.  I have to admit that the night they started bringing the trapped miners in Chile up to the surface I was up after midnight watching the second miner come out.  It was really terrific.  He brought up some small rocks in a bag and passed out some copper ore to the President of Chile and a few others.  I thought that was a very upbeat thing to do.  It's amazing when the whole world is watching something positive.  It was wonderful to see. 

As for the opera, we are finished with rehearsals.  We have performances on Friday and Saturday nights and Sunday afternoon.  I'm holding up pretty well.  Our last production I had difficulty moving while singing.  I had to make sure I got to the backstage area well before my entrances so that I wouldn't be out of breath when I went on.  I could never have managed working and performing in the same day. 

I passed Dr,. Choi in a hospital hallway the other day.  She said I'm looking great.  I do feel great most of the time.  I've had some back spasms a couple of times.  I don't know what that's about.  Naturally it would be impossible for me to be completely pain-free for any length of time.  I still have arthritis flare ups when the weather is bad. 

I'm managing my meals and snacks with this busy week.  I made a yummy protein shake tonight.  Chocolate flavored protein powder with frozen unsweetened dark cherries with a little sugar free chocolate syrup with milk.  It was almost like eating chocolate covered cherries. 

Many kudos to Amanda, my daughter for feeding the family when I'm so busy.  Love you!

And love to all,
Marlena of Mohegan.

No comments:

Post a Comment