Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Bless my blog.

It's been a long time since I posted anything.  I'm finding that now that I'm back among the working again I am no longer the last one to go to bed in my house.  I liked the solitude of 2am to think and write.  In the evening competition for the computer is at its peak. 

I've been reminded of something I found out a long, long time ago.  Losing weight can make you feel better and live better.  Your life, however, is still your same life.  There are still bills, frustrations and the common cold.  Some days my job just sucks. 

We all seem to think that if only we were thinner, blonder, richer or had a smaller nose everything would be better.   This became very obvious to me the first time I lost a significant amount of weight.  I was 21.  I lost 72 lbs. and thinner than I'd ever been.  Some friends and I were driving to a party one night and on the way another car ran into us.  There were no serious injuries but we were stranded about sixty miles from home.  It was my first car accident and I was really upset that my car was wrecked.  Things worked out all right.  We got a ride home and my car was not a total loss.  When I got it back from the body shop it was as good as new.  I learned that night that thin people don't have a monopoly on happiness. 

On a more positive note, I am down nearly 80 pounds.  Doing my job is a million times easier than it was before I had my surgery.  Even though my work is very stressful at least I don't stress about basic things like breathing.  It's wonderful. 

I'm finding lots of clothes in my closet that I can wear now.  I've had to throw out a big bag of clothing that was too big!  Yeah!  Its great! 

Love to all,
Marlena of Mohegan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment