Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Back to the real world

Tomorrow morning I am back on the job full time.  I feel so much healthier than I did six months ago.  Back then I could barely walk down the hallway without tachycardia and shortness of breath.  Even walking at a very slow pace was too much.  I truly could not perform my work to my satisfaction.  My patients noticed my breathing and asked if I was OK.  I don't think a person having a myocardial infarction should have to worry about their nurse's breathing. 

My family, coworkers and friends have been so supportive of my efforts.  Some of my coworkers even had to care for me when I was an ER patient.  Thanks to you all for your love and support.  My journey is not over nor will it ever be completely finished.  My quest for a healthy body will last for the rest of my life.  I have to look at it that way because I am not on a "diet" that will end one day. 

Now all I have to do is make myself go to sleep at a reasonable hour so I can wake up by 6 am!

Love to all,
Marlena of Mohegan

No comments:

Post a Comment