Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Two birthday cakes and one Chinese Buffet

We had two birthdays in the family this week.  I sailed through them with no guilt!  For my son's he wanted baked manicotti, of which I was able to eat the cheesy filling, and ice cream cake which isn't a big temptation for me.  Two days later was my mother's birthday.  We went to a nearby Chinese buffet where I had egg drop soup, a small amount of pepper chicken with vegetables, two steamed clams and some melon for dessert.  When the check came I opened my fortune cookie to read it and popped the cookie in my mouth without even thinking about it.  Fortunately (ha ha) fortune cookies are not too sweet so I did not have any bad side effects.  We went back to the house for cake.  Now the cake was a luscious looking devil's food with chocolate buttercream frosting.  Normally this would be a MAJOR temptation for me.  However, I was pretty full from dinner so there was no way I could cram any cake in my pouch.  Later I had a few of my sugar-free popsicles.  Only 15 calories each and I am addicted to the tropical flavored ones. 

Normally these two events would have meant ingesting thousands of unnecessary calories.  I am happy to say that I am not feeling sorry for myself.  I had a good time without overeating.  I have not paid a visit to the "official scale"  for a while so I need to check on my progress.  I have a support group meeting on Wednesday so I'll weigh in then.  In the meantime I have some opera to memorize before Friday's staging rehearsal.  Tosca awaits me!

Love to all,
Marlena of Mohegan

1 comment:

  1. I am very impressed with your managing through the Chinese buffet experience. Great job! That would be a hard one for me.

    ReplyDelete