Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Catching up

I see its been over a week since I posted.  I appreciate the encouraging comments from my friends.  They really help! 

This week I had an appointment with the nurse practitioner at the endocrinology office.  My A1C is 6.9!  That is without any diabetic medication at all.  Prior to my surgery my A1C was 7.6 and was taking four injections of insulin daily and an oral medication twice a day.  I was weighed on their scale (which of course was not the official scale at Dr. Choi's office).  According to their scale I am down nearly 60 pounds. 

I have been trying to eat new things.  I did make egg salad which went down very well.  I found that my little 10 month old grandson likes egg salad too.  Nobody can eat in front of him without sharing.  He makes everyone feel very guilty if they don't.  I'm still striving to eat slowly and stop before I take in too much.  I finished the nasty tasting liquid vitamins (YAY) and went back to the chewables with good results.  I'm swallowing all my pills whole with no problems.  We are on the verge of being flooded with tomatoes from the garden.  YUM! 

Today I went for a walk with my daughter and my grandson.  She was pleasantly surprised to find that I can keep up with her without getting short of breath.  The last time we went walking I kept having to ask her to slow down.  My knee is feeling better.  I do have some hip pain which is probably due to arthritis.  Hopefully that will be better with less weight. 

I will be returning to work in about three weeks.  That will be a big challenge for several reasons.  I have not been getting up early for a long, long time.  I need to figure out what to take for lunch.  Things are always changing at work so I'll have to catch up.  I look forward to being able to do my job better now because I'm healthier. 

It's September 11th.  I will never forget that day nine years ago.  I pray for comfort to those who lost loved ones that day.  I also pray for peace.  May we all learn to love each other in spite of our differences because we all are children of God. 

Love to all,
Marlena of Mohegan

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing about all of this, LInda. I think it's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete