Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Nearing My First Anniversary

I am one week away from my first anniversary of one of the best things I've ever chosen to do.  On June 28th it will be one year since my bariatric surgery.  I have now lost a total of 150 pounds.  I still plan to lose at least 75 more lbs.  This picture of Oprah Winfrey was when she rolled out a wagon full of 67 lbs of fat that equaled her own weight loss some years ago.  If I had all I've lost in a wagon it would be nearly three times the amount in Oprah's wagon.  It is almost too amazing to be real!  To think that I carried all that weight every day and every where I went.  I was literally dying under the burden of my own doing.  Every step I take today  is a step of freedom.  I've embraced life with new enthusiasm.  Even the most mundane chores are thrilling to be able to accomplish without the sheer physical struggle of one year ago.  
Like Oprah, I've had ups and downs with weight all my life.  My battle with fat is not over.  I know I still make unwise choices at times.  Confronting the consequences quickly keeps me in control.  I find if I write down everything I've eaten it doesn't always add up to as much as I expected.  Knowledge is power.  Also it is easier to stop nibbling if I don't take the first bite.  I don't fool myself into thinking I can stop at one cookie. Last night in the supermarket I stood in front of the shelf of Glucerna Chocolate Peanut Snack Bars.  I wanted one to eat on the way home.  I knew if I bought that box I would have eaten at least two or three of those bars before the night was over.  I made myself walk away.

I need a current picture to show my progress.  I'll have that in the next post.

Love to all,
Marlena of Mohegan.

1 comment:

  1. You are inspiring. I really should keep a food journal. I am trying to work up the courage to do that.

    ReplyDelete