Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, June 10, 2011

Looking Back

As I come upon my one year anniversary of my surgery at the end of this month I looked back at the start of my blog.  Last year I said I wanted my life back, I wanted to shop without back pain.  I wanted to be able to sit in a chair and not wonder if it would hold me.  I wanted to be able to tie my shoes and breathe at the same time and I wanted my lap back so I could sit my grandkids on it.  Well, I have reached all those goals and more.  I can fit in a restaurant booth again!  I guess that means I need some new goals.

I need to stop eating for the wrong reasons.  I still eat compulsively at times.  Last night while I was playing on the computer I was not hungry but I kept noshing.  Why?  Who knows.  The other day I ate because I was bored.  I need to eat less packaged food and more fresh vegetables.

I also need to give up the Glucerna snack bars for the summer.  Yesterday it was really hot in the house and the bars became really soft and stuck to the wrappers.  They're really nice and chewy though.  They taste way too good.  I need to keep them out of the house and avoid the temptation to eat more than one.

There is one original goal I haven't reached.  I want to wear jeans!  I don't care if they're MOM jeans.  I might be able to wear some but I don't feel ready yet.  Jeans have changed a lot since I last wore them.  I don't want a "muffin top" so I want to get something that comes near my waistline.

It is nice to know that I when I go to a plus size store I won't find that the biggest size is too small.  I have bought most of my newest clothing items at Walmart or Fashion Bug.  I don't need to buy the biggest size they sell!

The women's organization in our church is having a pool party on June 23rd.  I don't know if my swimsuit will fit.  Am I brave enough to show the other women my saggy arms and thighs?  Maybe it will be a scorching hot day and I won't care who sees me.

Life is pretty good.

Love to all,
Marlena of Mohegan

No comments:

Post a Comment