Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, June 16, 2011

A Day at the Zoo

On Wednesday I went with my daughter, Amanda and my grandson, Lorenzo to the zoo.  First let me say that the Bronx Zoo is HUGE.  I don't know how far we walked but we were all toasted by the time we got home.  It was a beautiful day about 85 degrees with a breeze and clear skies (not too humid).  For anyone who has never been to the Bronx Zoo you'll find that watching the people is as much fun as watching the animals.  You can hear every language imaginable and colorful clothing from around the world.  The children's smiling faces are all equally excited to see the sights.

My daughter Amanda was impressed that I was able to keep up with her and rarely needed to sit down.  I handled the walking much better than my trip to Manhattan last September.  Lorenzo kept us both busy as he did not always want to stay in his stroller.  When he was walking he kept trying to pick up stones that were embedded in the pavement.  When he did find a rock he could pick up he threw it immediately.  He found a few puddles to step in and kept awake all day till we were heading for the car.

Today normally would have been a gym day but I didn't need it today.  Only four more days of vacation and back to work.  I made wonderful bean soup on Tuesday.  It was nice to come home from our day at the zoo and just warm up some of the soup for dinner.  My recipe makes a big pot of soup.  Unfortunately not everyone in my house is a bean eater so I may have to put some in the freezer.

Love to all,
Marlena of Mohegan

No comments:

Post a Comment