Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Working Out the Workout

Another of my friends who advise me on my gym activities suggested that I vary my routine so that my body doesn't get too used to doing the same thing.  He also suggested that 20 minutes on the elliptical was really a lot to start with.  On Thursday I did ten minutes on the elliptical, 20 minutes on the recumbent bike and 35 minutes on the regular bike.  This worked out pretty well.  I don't really like the recumbent bike at PF because my butt gets numb.  Back when I was having physical therapy on my knee the PT place had a great recumbent bike that had arm action too.  I wish PF would get them.

Its been really humid and rainy for the past week and it looks like we're in for another rainy week.  I learned something about the gym in damp weather.  First my glasses fog up a lot.  I guess I should start wearing my contacts more.  Either way I get sweat in my eyes.  Wearing a sweatband was cool in the Eighties but I may have to get one anyway.  I noticed that the body odors are stronger in damp weather.  At first I thought it was just me but other people I know agreed that their gyms smell worse when the humidity is high.  I can't wait for summer.

This was a big week for the family.  Our fifth grandchild was born on Wednesday.  Andrew Lucas.  We had all the other grandchildren together at a family barbecue on Saturday for my mother-in-law who was 84 on Friday.  We had rain, of course, but we still had fun.

Love to all,
Marlena of Mohegan

No comments:

Post a Comment