Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, May 8, 2011

I've Busted Out!

First, let me say Happy Mothers Day to all.  If you have ever had a mother, been a mother or loved someone else's mother I hope you enjoy your day.  I am past the stage where I can expect breakfast in bed on Mothers day but I remember those years where the children proudly put together their best efforts for me to surprise me when I awoke.  Those days were special and I miss them.

These days I am enjoying my new found freedom of movement since losing 140 pounds after my gastric bypass.  As I said in my last entry I have discovered the endorphin "high" from aerobic exercise.  My total miles on the Life Cycle for the week was 46 miles.  On Wednesday night I did 21.6 miles in one hour and amazingly I felt like I could have kept going.  I truly feel like I've been let out of my prison of fat.  I was watching other people living life but I was literally dying.  I am so much freer to do the things I need or want to do.  Why have so many of us incarcerated ourselves?  Obesity has become so widespread in my lifetime.  We are a generation who has never known food rationing.   We are so blessed with abundance but do not know how to say no.

Now that I have come so far I must ensure that I never be back in that cell where I isolated myself from so much.  I feel younger, more energetic and I am enjoying life more than I have in many years.

Love to all,
Marlena of Mohegan

No comments:

Post a Comment