Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Hanging in there

After two weeks of doing the exercise bike at the gym I feel pretty good.  I did around 13 miles per visit on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.  I also did some walking outside of the gym including taking my grandson to the park and chasing him around the playground.  On Wednesday I thought I'd step it up and try the elliptical trainer.  Well I bit off a little more than I was ready for.  I was using the lowest setting but I had trouble keeping up momentum.  The readout kept showing "workout paused"  and "resume workout" all while I was still trying.to go as fast as I could manage.  I lasted 20 minutes and went one mile.  The calories burned in twenty minutes were the same as an hour on the bike.  I believe it.  I did go to the bike after I gave up on the elliptical and did my usual hour.

A thin friend of mine told me she thought the elliptical was the hardest to do except for doing an inclined treadmill.  That made me feel better.  I think I'll wait a couple of weeks before I try it again.  I think the one day last week when I did the 21 miles was directly related to the people around me.  I find that when people next to me are doing over 100 RPM on the bike I tend to keep up with them.  If my neighbors are slower I follow suit.  I can get over a hundred on my own but I don't seem to keep it up for as long.  I have to rearrange my music so that I keep up the pace along with the rhythm.  I like to use the Rocky Theme near the end and follow with Sargeant Pepper/The End.

I wore a skirt to church today that I only bought last month.  I had to pin the waist band smaller otherwise it might have fallen off.  It's that big on me.  My wedding rings are pretty loose but I plan on the summertime swelling to keep me from losing them.  I told my hubby I need a guard ring to wear on that finger because I don't want to get the rings re-sized just yet.  Some of my friends are surprised that I still want to lose 90 more pounds.    It seems like a lot but there is still plenty of me left.

Love to all,
Marlena of Mohegan

No comments:

Post a Comment