Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Cleaning out the closet

Today I filled two plastic garbage bags with clothes that are too large for me to wear anymore.  I'll be taking them to a Good Will bin and get rid of them.  You'd think I'd have more room in the closet now but my husband doesn't think so.  He's always complaining that I have too many clothes, shoes, purses etc.  He doesn't understand how anyone could need more than three pairs of shoes (work shoes, dress shoes and sneakers). Of course if I bring up the subject of all he has in the basement, the garage and two sheds he replies that every bit of his stuff is critical for the maintenance of the house. 

It did feel good to get rid of the big clothes though.  It is nice to wear something that was once snug and find it is very roomy.  Eventually though it begins to look ridiculous and has to go.  Fortunately I am still able to find wearable clothes in the back of my closet.  I have a stretchy black velvet dress that I wear for choral concerts.  It is a wonderful dress because it never looks wrinkled even if I forget to hang it up.  I was still able to wear it at my largest weight.  Now, however, it still looks good but has gotten a lot longer!  (I guess I'll have to give it up when it starts dragging on the floor.) 

I'm looking forward to the after holiday sales to get some bargains for clothing that I plan to wear for this winter only.  I plan on being a lot thinner next winter.

Love to all,
Marlena of Mohegan

No comments:

Post a Comment