Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, December 5, 2010

T'was the night...

T'was the night before Christmas when all through the house,
the calories were lurking all ready to pounce.
There are cookies for Santa placed out on a plate.
I might take a nibble if the sleigh arrives late.

On the Christmas tree we'd hung striped candy canes
I feel my resistance is starting to wane.
The stockings are bulging with goodies galore
Who dropped holiday M&M's on the floor?

We strung some popcorn to hang on the tree
For every kernel used I think I ate three. 
Do I see a big golden box from Godiva?
I'm starting to drool from too much saliva. 

The fridge is stocked with egg nog and more
to be ready for friends who'll come through the door.
A turkey for dinner and pies for dessert
Plus munchies for noshing to keep us alert.

I'll need my strength for the big day ahead
I'd better stop snacking and get up to bed.
For the kids wake up early to unwrap their stuff
And everyone eats much more than enough. 

So to all, who like me, must put on the brakes
And say no to all the candies and cakes.
The best part of Christmas is not what we swallow
but warm family hugs and the kisses that follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment