Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, November 26, 2010

Surviving Thanksgiving

Well, the first of the big food holidays is past.  I did most of the cooking even though I initially said I wouldn't.  I mean really, is it fair for someone who only eats a golf ball-sized portion to spend all day cooking?  Actually, when I compare my kitchen stamina with previous years I was able to do a lot more.  My family loves my stuffing.  I have to admit it was delicious.  

When dinnertime came I had some dark turkey meat, small bits of mashed potatoes and stuffing with some gravy.  When everyone was eating their pie I had some sugar free popsicles.  I felt satisfied but not overstuffed like everyone else.  I certainly didn't have turkey narcosis from the L-tryptophan.

More than anything on this day of thanks I was able to focus on the joy of being with my loved ones and thankfulness for a better chance to be around to enjoy them for a longer time. 

I hope all my readers had a wonderful Thanksgiving and will have a joyous holiday season in the next few weeks.  

Love to all, 
Marlena of Mohegan

1 comment: