Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, November 19, 2010

Gee, I wonder...

Gastrointestinally speaking I have not had a great week.  First, I had a visit from Chuck.  I thought Chuck had forgotten me.  For dinner the other night I had a fish fillet and some broccoli.  Now the broccoli was well cooked but I guess I didn't chew it carefully enough. It took about five rounds with Chuck to get myself unclogged.  I think maybe broccoli and I are no longer friends as it has caused me problems before this. 

That was not the end of my GI troubles.  The lower end had some adventures too.  I will spare my readers the gruesome details.  It is enough to say that on two different days I had events that required great urgency.  Neither of these near disasters happened at home however.  One was at church and one at work.  I was able to manage the episode at church on my own.  At work I was not so lucky.  Fortunately a special coworker of mine came to my rescue and helped me extricate myself from the situation gracefully. 

I thought I might've had an attack of the dreaded Dumping Syndrome because I had eaten a graham cracker shortly before the episode at work.  It turned out not to be the case as I continued to have symptoms for the next 36 hours. 

Tonight, or rather this morning, I went to the midnight showing of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1.  We arrived at the theater about 90 minutes before the show in order to get good seats.  The movie was 2 hours and 40 minutes long.  I don't remember my bottom feeling so sore from sitting that long in a movie.  I guess it must be because my bottom isn't as well padded as it used to be.  Ah, well.  I'll just bring an extra cushion next time. 

Love to all,
Marlena of Mohegan

No comments:

Post a Comment