Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Did you kiss a veteran today?

Tonight I took my favorite veteran, my husband of 26 and1/2 years, out to dinner.  Applebees had a special free meal for veterans and current members of the armed forces.  The place was packed.  We had to wait an hour for a table but we met a lovely Scottish lady who kept us entertained.  She was quite a character. 

We had a nice dinner but our server kept asking me if everything was ok.  Finally she asked if there was something wrong with my dinner because I'd hardly touched it.  I explained that I'd had stomach surgery and I could only eat a small portion.  I assured her the  meal was fine and I planned to take the rest home for my lunch tomorrow. 

I had chosen an entree from several that Applebees offers that are Weight Watcher approved.  In NY all restaurants are required to list calorie counts for everything on the menu.  Even before my surgery I was less likely to order a dessert that had a calorie count over 1000 calories per serving.  Now, of course, I don't even think about dessert at all. 

So lovely to go out to eat and not feel guilty about anything!!

Love to all,
Marlena of Mohegan. 

1 comment:

  1. Someone heard I served in Germany and invited me to a Vet tribute dinner. I explained I was in the service of God not the US military, although there were a lot of troups that I talked to.

    ReplyDelete