Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, March 2, 2012

Just Keep Going

Success sometimes takes a long, hard, slog.  It isn't always a TA-DA and you're done.  The rewards may be difficult to notice when they add up by individual molecules instead of one great big trophy.

This past Monday evening the Planet Fitness was very crowded.  A wall of sweat slapped me in the face when I walked in the door.  I did 45 minutes on the elliptical that night but my knees were feeling it the next day.  We had a snowstorm on Wednesday so the knee pain could have been just my weather-predicting arthritic pain.  I decided I would stick to the bike on Wednesday night.

I had opera rehearsal on Wednesday evening.  I have a scene where I am supposed to pretend to commit Hara Kiri (a la Madame Butterfly).  My death drop needs a little work because I smacked my head on the hardwood floor loud enough that the director heard what he described as a hollow thump!  Hollow?  I thought my head had something inside it.  Driving to the gym after rehearsal I wondered if it was safe to exercise after hitting my head. I pictured myself going to ground and nobody knowing who I was since I don't carry my ID while I'm working out.  Fortunately I survived intact.  I have a small lump on my head and no symptoms of concussion.  

I'm still stagnant in the weight loss numbers.  I am doing more late night snacking than I should yet I keep hearing from friends that I look thinner.  I keep hoping that it is increased muscle mass that is preventing me from dropping weight.  I feel so much better than I once did I could be tempted to just stay at this weight.  One never stays in one place for long though.  I would surely go back up again if I stop trying to lose. 

 Job and family issues can sometimes weigh heavy on my mind.  Old methods of comfort are tempting.  I like go in my room with a good book (and a snack) to hibernate. Escaping into a book can take me away from my stressful world.   It is amazing though that exercise can be a better distraction.  I have a tooth which has been bothering me intermittently and my dentist has been away on vacation till next week.  When I'm really pedaling furiously on the bike I don't notice my tooth at all.  Likewise my personal problems fade off in the distance when I'm concentrating on my workout.

Sooner or later I'll get off this plateau I've been on.  I'll keep track of my eating and keep changing my exercise routine.  I will increase my fluid intake and try to get to bed earlier.  I thank all my good friends and family  for their continued encouragement.  

Love to all, 
Marlena of Mohegan

No comments:

Post a Comment