Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, November 14, 2011

Hello from Times Square

Here I am in Times Square, New York City.  Notice that I am wearing jeans.  True they're baggy mom jeans but that's just fine with me.  Last week I went with my grandson Lorenzo and his parents to the Central Park Zoo and Times Square.  He went on his first train ride and also his first trip to Hooters!  (I didn't pick the restaurant by the way.) Actually Hooters had fish tacos that were very tasty and high in protein.   This photo shows me fulfilling two of my goals of my weight loss surgery.  I hadn't worn jeans for about ten years and wanted to be able to enjoy walking in NY City.  We had a great time.  One of my knees got a little sore but I had more steps in half a day in the city than I usually get in an hour on the exercise bike at Planet Fitness.  It was a perfect day.  Not too warm or too cold.   and the zoo was not crowded.  

The next two days I couldn't get to the gym because work and family events took up all the time that the gym was open.  They close at  10 pm on Friday and 7 pm on Saturday.  I was planning to go on Sunday which I rarely do but I didn't want to let too much time pass between visits.  I need to keep my metabolism cooking!  Well while I was getting ready to go I started having lower abdominal pain.  It became really intense and I thought I might have had appendicitis.  Well hours later after lab tests and a CAT scan I was told that it was probably a small kidney stone.  The scan didn't actually find it but the lab tests were consistent with a stone.  So it must have passed before I had the scan.  I felt really awful for a while there but I was very annoyed that I was not going to get to the gym AGAIN!  I told my daughter this and she asked "Do you hear yourself?"  I had to admit that she was right.  I was in no shape for exercise.  

Well I got to the gym today and I feel fine now.  The ER doctor gave me a note for two days off of work but I feel good enough to go back tomorrow.  I decided though that probably I should watch my fluid intake more carefully.  Most people don't drink enough fluid and I tend to drink less fluid at work because I don't want to make too many trips to the bathroom during the day.  Keeping my kidneys flushed  should help prevent another stone.  One was enough! 

Love to all, 
Marlena of Mohegan


No comments:

Post a Comment