Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, September 19, 2011

Arms of Steel?

 One of the alumni attending our class reunion in July took lots of pictures.  I was happy to see one of my husband and me dancing.  (This was the first time I've ever gotten him to dance to anything besides a "slow dance")  I thought my arm looked a little unusual.  Now I do have lots of loose skin but there was something else...
 Lately I've been noticing that I can see veins in my arms and some muscle definition when I flex my hands.  I've never had anything like this in my entire life!  Now I'm a long way from this picture of an anonymous body builder but I am definitely showing progress from the weight training.  Speaking as a nurse who frequently has to access veins where none are apparent (like today for instance) I know the next time I need blood drawn it will be easier than previously.  

Don't worry friends and family.  I have no intentions of making myself into a steroid-popping exhibitionist.  It is just nice to see my hard work pay off.

Love to all,
Marlena of Mohegan

No comments:

Post a Comment