Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Sweating Without Even Moving!

Well the hot weather is finally here.  Right now at 9 PM the temperature INSIDE my house is 86.  No, I do not have air conditioning.  Our 85 year-old house needs wiring upgrades we can't afford.  So we have window fans and I eat lots of sugar-free popsicles.  While the heat and humidity can be brutal I have 155 lbs less of insulation this summer.  I can definitely feel the difference.  Fortunately the AC works great at Planet Fitness.    While riding a stationery bike is short on scenic views at least I don't have to worry about sunstroke (or being hit by a bus for that matter)

  As an ER nurse I've seen the results of over exertion during heat waves.I've seen even very fit people get severe hyperthermia while exercising in extreme heat.  It's very important to keep pushing fluid in this weather even if you're not exercising.  Senior citizens especially don't realize when they are dehydrated.

 Hopefully this heat wave will be a short one.  In the meantime I'll buy lots of my popsicles, drink lots of water and smoothies.  Stay cool!

Love to all,
Marlena of Mohegan

No comments:

Post a Comment