Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Old Friends

I had a blast at my high school reunion.  It was great to see friends who share similar memories of another time.  It's interesting to see who has changed and who has not.  Usually the girls are easily recognizable.  Most girls have their grown-up face by the time they graduate high school.  Guys, on the other hand, seem to change much more and many of the changes relate to hair (or lack thereof)  Some of us have aged better than others but mostly I could recognize the women without help.  The best part of the reunion for me was when my husband actually danced with me!  Oh, he'd do "slow" dances back in school but I could never get him to loosen up and boogie.  His technique needs work of course but I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

The good vibes from the weekend's events lasted most of Monday.  By Tuesday reality had thudded back into place.  At least the Virgin Health Miles is working out well.  I am averaging over 7000 steps per day which is the number we are supposed to be aiming for.  I am doing over 15,000 steps on gym days and usually around 4000 on non-gym days.  I have room for improvement on my off-gym days but when we have had those high ozone level heat index alert days I keep my outdoor activities minimal.  I could go to the mall and walk where it's cool though.  The trouble is when I go to the mall I want to buy stuff.

I find I still can't tolerate eating certain foods.  I had some rice tonight.  I didn't think I had too much but I became very uncomfortable and my old friend chuck showed up.  (Remember him?  "Up Chuck")  I was not able to relieve myself of all the offending rice and had to be patient as it moved along.  Anatomically speaking I don't know whether that means that it got stuck in the pouch or below it.  Anyway a little aversion therapy is a good reminder to pay more attention to portion control.

Love to all,
Marlena of Mohegan.

No comments:

Post a Comment