Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sunday Afternoon Ambulation




I seem to have trouble staying active on Sunday.  I go to church where I am the nursery leader.  After our main meeting, I spend two hours corralling a herd of two-year olds.  Yes, you read right.  Three hours of church.  Every week.

Late afternoon shadow. 

Sunny day for my walk.
Anyway, after the nursery rodeo I come home, have lunch while playing on the computer and then go up to my bed to read for a while.  My reading usually turns into a nap.  I don't really like to head for the gym on Sunday and today I really wanted some family time.  I had a great idea to go with my daughter's family and head for a nearby place I've wanted to see for quite a while.  The Walkway Over the Hudson is a former railroad bridge turned into a New York State Park. It is 1.28 miles long and 212 feet above the Hudson river.  

Southward view from mid-span. 

It was a perfectly clear day with the temperature and humidity just right.  A little breeze but not too much. There were all ages of people walking, running, riding bicycles, tricycles, wheelchairs and scooters.  Lots of dogs.  One couple had a very old dog riding in a wagon.  Like any open space in New York, the faces were from all parts of the world.  Today was a whole lot better than laps around the track. 
 Love to all, Marlena of Mohegan
View of the longest pedestrian bridge in the world. 





























































































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment