Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor Day

Today while grocery shopping I was surprised to discover that Sunsweet is marketing chocolate covered prunes!  While they may call them Plum Sweets they are really just prunes in disguise.  I suppose this is another result of the great glut of humanity known as the "Baby Boomers" becoming obsessed with "regularity" as we age.  What next?

I had to hustle to get to Planet Fitness today because they closed at 1PM for the Labor Day Holiday.  I was surprised to find the place packed with people when I arrived about 11:45.  Only one upright stationary bike was vacant at the time and I was glad I didn't have to resort to the recumbent bike (my butt gets numb on those).

While on the bike I glanced at the row of TV's not expecting to find anything outside the usual daytime drivel.  I was not anticipating something that would make me cry.  On the show "Inside Edition" there was a report of a viral video showing Matt, a young boy with cerebral palsy running a 400 meter race.  He faltered painfully but before he could give up his gym teacher ran up next to him and gave him words of encouragement.  His classmates joined in behind him and gave him the incentive he needed to finish the race.  It was a beautiful moment even though I was not connected to the audio feed.  Below, find a link to Inside Edition write-up.  

News - Boy With Cerebral Palsy Triumphs At Elementary School Field Day - InsideEdition.com

Then view the video on You tube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6Alt2DssYc

My struggles pale by comparison to this brave kid.  To boldly start a race he knew he couldn't possibly win puts to shame all of us who whine and complain about our lack of will power.  Winning isn't always about finishing first.  Sometimes triumph comes by not giving up. 

Love to all,
Marlena of Mohegan

No comments:

Post a Comment